Monday, October 20, 2014

IF DAVE MAGADAN'S OUT, WHO'S THE HITTING COACH?


I hate rumors. Why? Because no one's ever correct. And if, God forbid you DO pick the right guy, then you become the "called it" guy... and no one likes them.

Dave Magadan revealed today that he is not the new Yankee Hitting coach.  According to the New York Post, "Dave Magadan was informed Monday he won’t be Kevin Long’s successor as the Yankees’ hitting coach. 'He just called and said they were going in a different direction,’ Magadan said of Yankees GM Brian Cashman. 'He said they were going to continue [the search].'’’


But what is that different direction? 
 

 Could it be someone like Marcus Thames who was the Trenton Thunder hitting coach and someone who knows the young players and as they come up to the majors, he can keep an eye on, know the patterns of, and know their attitudes and mold them?  Or is a promotion just not in the cards right now?


Could it be Dante Bichette Sr? I know, I don't see it happening either, but my gut is telling me Joe Girardi is laying it on real think right now. "Come on Dante, come out for a season, let's work together again.  If you don't like it after that or it doesn't work out, go back home. No Biggie." That's me seeing that conversation happening. Don't yell at me Mariana. 

James Rowson is someone the Yankees also like and he's been with the organization too. In fact, choosing Rowson makes a lot of sense. They like him.

I'm not gonna be the "called it" guy on this one.  I am telling you the search goes on... and it's anyones guess.

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017