Wednesday, October 29, 2014

YANKEES' REUNION WITH RAUL IBANEZ VERY LIKELY


It would be a nice reunion with Raul Ibanez and the New York Yankees if the rumors are true about our club eyeing Ibanez to be the next hitting coach. When I read the headline, I smiled.


According to George King III of the New York Post, "There is serious speculation running through Kauffman Stadium prior to Game 7 of the World Series that the Yankees are waiting for the Series finale Wednesday night so they can contact the Royals’ Raul Ibanez to gauge his interest in being their hitting coach."

Look, there is one thing that is constantly sticking in my mind thinking about the Yankees possibly interested in bringing Ibanez back to the Bronx.  It's something he told us here at BYB when we interviewed him a few years ago, after his big time homers in the playoffs in 2012 (Read BYB EXCLUSIVE. IBANEZ TO SANDY VICTIMS: "I AM HERE TO HELP") ...


He said this when I asked if he was thinking about coming back to the Yankees:
Raul Ibanez: "One of the greatest years of my life.  I heard it was great to be a Yankee I just didn't realize how much!  I can't wait to come back to the Yankees!"
Obviously it never happened, but now, things are different. It's in an instructor capacity and that would be amazing to see! The reunion would not only be gratifying for the Yankees as an organization, especially if this is report is true. It would also be a thrill for Ibanez! Oh yeah, and I'm almost positive us fans would absolutely love it too!


RAAAAUUUUULLLLLL!

Stay Tuned!

20% Off Royals Memorabilia at SteinerSports.com, code WS2014

You've made BYB the fastest growing Yankees fan site in history. Now shop at the Bleeding Yankee Blue store!  Follow me on Twitter @BleednYankeeBlu and LIKE Bleeding Yankee Blue on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Bleeding Yankee Blue.

20% Off at SteinerSports.com with code YANKEEBLUE2017